By far, the largest source of our financial support each year comes directly from our families. Your altruism is very much appreciated and helps provide the instructional services and material resources that are utilized to support all of our musicians.
*** New in 2017 *** Supporters may now make donations to the Mira Mesa Instrumental Music Boosters (MMIMB) online in support of our Mira Mesa Orchestras. Receipts, which may be used for tax purposes, are provided via email immediately after placing a donation.
For your convenience and your information, here is the donation letter that was distributed just a few weeks back.
Thank you for your consideration, and thank you to those who have already pledged their support for our 2017-18 Mira Mesa Orchestras!
There are a number of honor orchestra opportunities upcoming which merit consideration from our musicians.
All-Southern: The Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (SCSBOA) sponsors an annual All-Southern Honors Symphony Orchestra. The online application deadline is November 3rd. All information is available here. As an added bonus, Mrs. Christensen will be coordinating these All-Southern Ensembles.
All-State: The California Orchestra Directors Association (CODA) sponsors an annual All-State Symphony and String Orchestra. Audition recordings and applications must be postmarked by December 1st. All information is available here. Again, as an added bonus, Mr. Mulvaney will be coordinating the All-State Orchestras.
Please do ask Mr. Mulvaney and/or Ms. Christensen about these wonderful opportunities!
Thanks to our ongoing partnership with the La Jolla Music Society, we were able to provide complimentary tickets to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Concert, which was held at the Jacobs Music Center on Wednesday, October 18th. The La Jolla Music Society has been a wonderful partner for us - and we are thankful for all the opportunities they provide!
Our orchestra calendar is always available online. But just in case, here's a look ahead:
- November 3rd - Online applications due for the 2018 All-Southern Honor Orchestra (SCSBOA)
- November 4th - Volunteers (students) requested for the 25th Annual Mira Mesa Invitational Band Review and Field Tournament
- November 10th - Rehearse-a-Thon
- December 1st - Postmark deadline for the 2018 All-State Orchestras (CODA)
- December 6th - Winter Concert #1 with our Symphony Orchestra and Debut Strings classes; including a collaboration between our Symphony Strings and our Madrigals Choral Ensemble
- December 8th - Winter Concert #2 with our Concert Orchestra and Symphony Orchestra
- December 9th and 10th - All-Southern Honor Orchestra auditions